Welcome to Day 3
Andrew Kempe, Senior Manager OEM Sales, Shimano
Keynote: Creative Companies and Courageous Leaders — Turning Culture Into Competitive Advantage With Best-Selling Author Polly LaBarre
Introduced by Andrew Kempe, Senior Manager OEM Sales, Shimano
A founding member of Fast Company and co-author of the award-winning book “Mavericks at Work: Why the Most Original Minds in Business Win,” Polly LaBarre is a top speaker who leaves audiences with actionable lessons from organizations and leaders who are transforming their cultures and industries by breaking the rules and harnessing the human element.
Brands Leading the Conversation on Sustainability and Inclusion
Introduced by JJ Trout, Chief of Staff, PeopleForBikes
Learn from industry innovators Patagonia and REI on spearheading bold initiatives on climate action and social justice and how you can implement these learnings at your business.
• Matt Dwyer, Vice President of Product Impact and Innovation, Patagonia
• Susan Viscon, Senior Vice President of Corporate Investment and Development, REI
• Dan Kihanya, Director of Corporate Development and Investment, REI
Trends Impacting Mobility and Transportation
Introduced by Claudia Wasko, Vice President + General Manager, Bosch eBike Systems
• Brian Markwalter, SVP Research and Standards, Consumer Technology Association
Lunch + Networking on Vue Lawn
The Great Resignation Meets the Hybrid Future of Work (Current State)
Introduced by Ken Lousberg, CEO, SRAM
How are organizations making changes in order to attract diverse talent, retain current employees and inspire and foster inclusiveness during the Big Quit? This session will dive into the future of remote and hybrid work — its effectiveness, its limitations and how to optimize this new norm moving forward.
• Dele Downs Kooley, Senior Human Resources Program Manager, D&I Global Talent Acquisitions Excellence, Microsoft
• Ben Coates, Managing Director, POC North America
Global Supply: Can It Be Fixed?
Introduced by Bob Margevicius, Executive Vice President, Specialized Bicycle Products
With rising pressures from capacity, labor, energy, shipping, raw materials and tariffs, what does the future of manufacturing look like for both small and large companies?
• Mike O’Gara, Senior Vice President, Huffy Corporation
• Jeff Scully, Founder + President, Ortlieb USA
• Jean-Marc Sorhondo, Head of North America Ocean Operations, Flexport
Networking Mini Break
Regulations and Risk: Is That Bike an Electric Bicycle?
Introduced by Larry Pizzi, Chief Commercial Officer, Alta Bikes
Product innovation continues to outpace current regulations for electric bicycles. As product developers create new e-bike concepts, companies need to pay closer attention to the legal standards that govern electric bicycles in the United States.
• Erika Z. Jones, Partner, Mayer Brown
• Erik Pritchard, President and CEO, Motorcycle Industry Council, Powersports Industry and Safety Associations
Day Three Wrap Up and Call to Action
Gloria Hwang, PeopleForBikes Board Member; Founder and CEO, Thousand
Networking Break + Office Hours
Bocce Tournament - Sponsored by Bianchi at Lantern Bay Park
BLC Closing Dinner Celebration at Lantern Bay